Friday, May 27, 2011

Delusions

I wrote this rather weird, macabre, juvenile poem in a very boring class today.

I trust you know, the world isn’t out to get you.
Your delusions overpower the reality of what’s true.

I’m telling you, your demons are in your head.
You don’t have to disbelieve everything I’ve said.

For the voice in your head, is really chemicals in your brain.
I know it’s all real to you, but really, it just isn’t the same.

Don’t hate your husband, he loves you more than anyone can.
He doesn’t want to kill you, nor does any other man.

I understand things are scary, and you don’t want to die.
But killing your own father, why would you do that, why?

Going off your medication, what put that in your head?
For if you’d listened to me, your father wouldn’t be dead.

Also I don’t get it, why’d you want to kill me too.
For we’ve been best friends, since we both turned two.

I empathise with you, I understand what you feel.
For so many people want to kill me too, but unlike you they’re real.

I understand I created you; you’re a figment of my dreams.
Your family and friends, and people you love, they belong in my realms.

Don’t be scared of the people you think will kill you, for you see,
the only way you’ll stop existing, is when someone finally kills ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment