Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day Dreaming

Have you ever had the urge to retreat within yourself? To run away from the outside world which is chaotic, overwhelming and unwelcome. To go away to a calm, comfortable place. Like when standing up to speak, facing a hostile audience, or a questioning teacher. You don’t know the answer, to whatever they ask and you implore someone to take you away so fast that no one notices that you’re gone. Instantaneously you vanish, or are pulled away and seconds later you are on an island, or a canyon, where there is no one but you. Or, my favourite place to get away, a place in my head. Literally, inside my head, a small room. The rest of my body goes on doing whatever I was doing, as if on autopilot while I, the real me reaches a comfortable room, where I can lie down in peace. I am, of course a miniature version of myself now. I am safe, from the outside world, and not bothered. My body is not endowed, with my consciousness, but responds in certain pre determined ways to outside stimuli, while I, relaxed and refreshed, can get back to control it, when I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment